Program Transfer, Withdrawal, and Dismissal

Students who have been accepted into a degree or certificate program through CCE may transfer into a different program by contacting the Director of Continuing Education in writing. Students will be notified in writing of their status in the new program by the Director or their Academic Counselor.

Students enrolled in bachelor’s degree programs may transfer to an associate’s degree program no later than three weeks prior to the end of the semester in which the associate degree would be awarded. Students wishing to do so must complete a new application form. Students will be accepted providing they are maintaining satisfactory academic progress. Students must follow the current curriculum requirements for the desired associate degree program.

Academic records of matriculated students who have not registered for a course in three consecutive semesters and who have failed to notify their advisors of the need for an educational leave of absence may be placed in an inactive file. Students desiring reinstatement must complete a new application form and follow the current curriculum requirements of the degree program for which they are requesting reinstatement.

The College reserves the right to dismiss students for poor academic performance, academic dishonesty, or unprofessional behavior.