> ONLINE PROGRAM <
The Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences degree requires completion of 40 courses/120 credits, with at least 15 courses/45 credits taken at Assumption. It includes the CCE Core, a common core of ten liberal arts courses designed to provide a foundation of knowledge in ethics, writing, theology, philosophy, literature, history, mathematics, natural science, and foreign languages. Also required is the CCE Capstone course, a multi-disciplinary directed study, designed by the student, and completed under supervision and guidance of Assumption faculty.
(9 courses, 27 credits)
• English Composition
• Business Writing OR Professional & Academic Writing
• The Bible
• Introduction to Philosophy
• One Philosophy or Theology elective
• One Literature course
• One Survey History course
• One course in Mathematics (MAT 111E or higher)
• Two courses chosen from Natural Science and/or Foreign Language
(8 courses, 24 credits within your chosen concentration)
General Social Sciences, including Anthropology, Geography, and Politics
(21 courses, 63 credits)
Choose 21 courses from our large and diverse pool of open elective classes.