NEXT PROGRAM: Tuesday Nights On Campus, Starting September 9, 2014
INSTRUCTOR: Joan Bertrand
If you’ve been planning to earn your Professional Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) designation, now is the time to enroll in our updated and expanded HRCI exam preparation course based on the SHRM Learning System®.
This is an intensive 12-session program designed primarily for individuals seeking certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®)
By attending our course, you will develop new knowledge and skills that will improve your workplace effectiveness immediately. By enrolling in our classroom based format, you also get the added benefit of:
• A structured classroom environment that enhances learning and helps you stay on track
• An experienced instructor to explain concepts and apply them to your industry
• Opportunities to network and share real-world experiences with other HR professionals
• Minimizing travel and maximizing employer tuition assistance
There’s never been a better time to pursue your PHR® or SPHR® designation.
With our blended approach, you’ll learn from printed workbooks, software, online tools and a dynamic classroom experience. In addition, you can earn 3.5 continuing education units (CEUs) for completing this course..
The six learning modules cover a full array of HR topics
The SHRM Learning System® course provides an in-depth study of key areas in human resource management.
Course materials include six extensive print modules that correspond to the six functional areas, responsibilities, and associated knowledge defined by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI):
• Includes the role of HR in organizations, the strategic planning process, assessing the internal environment, scanning the external environment, evaluating HR’s strategic contributions, ethical issues affecting organizations, and HR and the legislative and regulatory environment.
Workforce Planning and Employment
• Covers key legislation affecting employee rights, privacy and consumer protection, EEO/Affirmative Action, gender discrimination and harassment, organizational staffing requirements, job analysis and documentation, recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention, organizational exit, and employee records management.
Human Resource Development
• Examines key legislation, HRD and the organization, organizational development initiatives, adult learning and motivation, training and development, talent management, developing leaders, and performance management.
• Includes key compensation legislation, total rewards and the strategic focus of the organization, compensation structure, compensation systems, introduction to benefit programs and key benefits legislation, government-mandated benefits, deferred compensation plans, health-care benefits, other nonstatutory benefits, compensation and benefits for international employees, and evaluating the total rewards system and communicating it to employees.
Employee and Labor Relations
• Covers laws affecting employee and labor relations, employee relations and organizational culture, employee involvement strategies, measuring employee attitudes, policies, procedures, and work rules, discipline and complaint resolution, labor relations legislation and union organizing, unfair labor practices, collective bargaining, and strikes and secondary boycotts.
• Examines organizational risk, key legislation, safety, health, security, and privacy.
Course participants will also receive an SPHR Preparation Book for specialized SPHR training.
Besides being a powerful tool for PHR® or SPHR® certification preparation, this strategic course fosters professional advancement and builds confidence for managing HR challenges.
Features that deliver:
The SHRM Learning System® offers a variety of study features that reinforce concepts and help students prepare for the certification exam:
• Periodic online updates cover significant changes in legislation and HR policies
• Comprehensive bank of test questions – more than 1,600 in all
• Practice tests that are formatted to mimic the current HRCI exam experience
• An interactive case study featuring real-life scenarios to text students’ ability to apply concepts learned throughout the course
• SPHR Preparation Book to help students take a more strategic approach, applying information across functional areas
• Access to the SHRM Learning System® Resource Center, featuring HR updates, Webcasts, test-taking tips, related links, and a fully-accessible mobile site.
Designed to advance your career:
The course is designed for managers and staff in general management or human resource management positions:
• HR professionals planning to take the PHR® or SPHR® certification exam
• PHR® professionals seeking to “upgrade” their certification to SPHR®
• Certified HR professionals needing credits for PHR®/SPHR® recertification
• HR practitioners seeking professional development to advance their careers
• Experienced managers who are new to the HR field
• Other mid-level managers pursuing a career change or promotion
• Individuals needing recertification credits
Don’t miss our upcoming session. Take our course, earn your certification and be ready for career advancement.
The SHRM Advantage:
SHRM is the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management, with more than 200,000 members. A leader in HR education, SHRM has created the most complete certification preparation system available. Featuring printed materials, software, online tools and a classroom curriculum, it helps learners consistently beat the national exam pass rates.
There is no single course of study that guarantees success on the HRCI examinations, but thousands of individuals have used the SHRM Learning System® to study for the exams. Course content reflects the general body of knowledge tested by the Human Resource Certification Institute. This course of study will in no way guarantee or assure success on the HRCI exam. Students must use the most recent edition of the SHRM Learning System® for this course and may not use outdated materials.
The SHRM Learning System® course fits perfectly with the Certificate in Human Resources Management offered through CCE.
NEHRA, SHRM, and HRMA members – $1,085.00; non-members – $1,135.00
Registration fee: $20. Includes all materials.
CCE is pleased to announce that students interested in the SHRM Learning System program may be eligible for Financial Aid through the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan program. Please visit: SallieMae.com/SmartOption for more information.
CEU’s and Certificates:
Assumption College awards 3.5 CEU’s for successful completion of the program, and issues a certificate in cooperation with SHRM.
For more information, contact the CCE Office at 508-767-7364.