- Human Services & Rehabilitation
- Social Sciences
- Certificate in Accounting and CPA Track Program
- Certificate in Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling
- Certificate in Communications
- Certificate in Criminal Justice
- Certificate in Graphic Design & Multimedia
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Certificate in Project Management
- Non-Credit Programs
Certified Professional Coder—(CPC) Examination Prep Course
Next session will be offered in January, 2013
Wednesday: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Tuition: $480.00, plus $20 registration fee.
This six-week course is designed to prepare participants for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Exam. Each area evaluated by the CPC Exam is reviewed through a tour of the CPC Exam Study Guide. Participants must have coding experience and previous classroom instruction as well as access to current copies of CPT, ICD9 and HCPCS coding manuals. This course would not be appropriate for someone who has no previous coding experience or classroom instruction. Sample questions are assigned and analyzed during each session. Practical tips and strategies for taking the CPC exam are discussed. The class concludes with a 150-question take-home exam that is similar in form and content to the CPC exam.
Instructor: Brian Meredith, C.P.C., is a certified professional coder and a member of the American Academy of Professional Coders. He is a healthcare industry consultant with over 15 years experience in medical coding, billing and compliance.
Course Materials are available in the Bookstore