Through generous donations from Continuing Education alumni/ae, and the Worcester Institute for Senior Education, there is scholarship money available to Continuing Education students for the 2016-2017 academic year. Funds become available in mid to late summer, and applications are available in July. Awards are made prior to the fall semester. To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- Be enrolled at Assumption College in a Continuing Education degree or certificate program,
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen,
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress according to institutional standards,
- Not be in default or owe a refund for any prior financial aid received at any post-secondary institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Processing of applications and awarding of scholarships are done through the Office of Continuing & Career Education. The following steps should be taken and no processing will be done until all necessary forms are on file in the CCE Office:
- Submit a completed application form for the Assumption College Continuing Education Scholarship (available in the Center during the summer). Download an application form.
- Submit evidence of financial need by submitting a copy of your 2015 federal income tax return for the previous calendar year.
- Submit a 500-word essay on the following topic: "How has your perception of education evolved over the course of your lifetime?"
WHEN TO APPLY
For the 2016-2017 academic year, all required application materials must be received on file in the Continuing & Career Education Office by Friday August 12th.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU RECEIVE?
The amount may vary depending upon need and availability of funds.
HOW YOU WILL BE PAID
If you are awarded a scholarship, it will be credited to your account at Assumption College.