- Human Services & Rehabilitation
- Social Sciences
- Certificate in Accounting and CPA Track Program
- Certificate in Aging Services
- Certificate in Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling
- Certificate in Communications
- Certificate in Criminal Justice
- Certificate in Graphic Design & Multimedia
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Certificate in Project Management
- Non-Credit Programs
Continuing & Career Education at Assumption College: Quality, Career Impact, and Surprising Affordability
In our academic and professional programs, adult students earn degrees, develop career skills, and study for personal enrichment. All degree programs include general education requirements that promote critical thinking, oral and written communication skills, and computer literacy, and provide a foundation for the Western Judeo-Christian tradition. Your coursework in concentration and certificate programs will build theoretical knowledge and applied practice in career fields.
The Objectives of Continuing & Career Education (CCE) are:
- To help students in their quest for personal and professional growth
- To provide opportunities to attain new knowledge needed to compete in a changing workplace
- To increase the adult learner's appreciation for lifelong learning
- To provide the community with opportunities for cultural, intellectual and professional experiences
- To provide opportunities for personal definition and understanding implications of values, beliefs, and world views
Most people don't realize that CCE at Assumption College tuition is competitive with state universities’ combination of tuition and high fees. We do not assess large additional fees on top of tuition—a standard practice at other institutions. This is good news for adult students who want increased prestige and career impact at an intelligent value. See the chart (left) for the surprising cost comparison showing tuition and fee rates as of May 2013.
We accept more transfer credits than any other local institution—up to 75 transfer credits from appropriately accredited colleges or universities in which you've earned a grade of "C-" or better. Most other colleges only apply 60 credits towards your degree. Those 15 additional transfer credits at Assumption save you the tuition cost of five 3-credit courses, plus the many months or years it would take to complete five courses. In addition, all transfer credits from college courses (up to 75 credits) are applied, no matter how long ago you earned them! Students who have earned associate degrees from appropriately accredited colleges, and who continue in the same or related fields of study, normally receive full credit for all courses completed as part of those associate degree programs.
Expert academic advisors at Assumption will show you how to take advantage of our generous Transfer Credit and Credit for Prior Learning policies. Repeatedly, incoming students with previously-earned college credits tell us that CCE at Assumption College was the most accommodating in accepting transfer credits and in rewarding credits for lifetime work experience.
Credits for Prior Life/Work Experience
Continuing & Career Education recognizes that learning takes place in a variety of settings that include, but are not limited to, the classroom. Up to 30 credits for prior learning and/or approved standardized examinations may be applied toward the bachelor degrees. Up to 15 credits are allowed toward the associate degrees. To receive credit for prior learning, candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have been able to abstract the intellectual principles underlying previous work experiences. Students must be matriculated, must have completed at least twelve credits at Assumption, and must obtain approval from the Director of Continuing & Career Education to begin the evaluation procedure.
Matriculated Students and Graduates Receive Career Planning for Life.
The Office of Career Services assists CCE students and alumni in their search for employment and internships, and provides guidance on career planning and exploration, search strategies, effective resume and cover letter development, and the interviewing process. These services are available to you at all stages of your career. It’s one more way that the power of an Assumption College degree enhances your life and career development.
- Resume and cover letter information and review
- One-on-one coaching to help define and develop your career plan
- Assistance in effective interviewing techniques and salary negotiation strategies
- Career planning and job search skill-building seminars
- Online and print resources, and more
Employers Want What Assumption Graduates Have.
Our unique values-based core curriculum is proven to be highly valued by employers. In a recent survey, employers were asked to rank important academic qualifications for management candidates. Of all the educational qualifications, they gave the highest rating to "Ethical Decision-Making," one of the key outcomes of our values-based Core Curriculum. Of the colleges in central Massachusetts, only CCE at Assumption College offers a core curriculum that educates adult students in ethical decision-making.
Save Time with the Flexibility of Online, Blended, Accelerated, and Traditional Classes.
Flexible class options provide you with extraordinary convenience and the ability to complete your degree faster!